I’m living a good life. In secular speak I’m lucky. In religious speak I am blessed. I think my life is the product of measures of divine intervention and self-determination; with the proportions of each being fluid and very adaptable to meet the necessities of life. If my life was and algebraic equation it would look like this:
Divine Intervention (DI)+Self Determination (SD) = Life(L)
Over the last few weeks I have been having an extraordinary run of good luck. Mathematically it might look something like this:
3(DI) + 2(SD)= L
I’m going to share with you a short list of the lucky stuff. This is not to be boastful but, to simply illustrate what’s been going on with me.
I won a lottery to get a much coveted spot on a private history tour.
I was picked from a waitlist to be in the audience for the premier taping of a BBC television show in New York.
I was able to snag a pair of free tickets to see the Andrea Bocelli concert in Central Park on the Great Lawn.
I was asked to participate in the WordPress Seven Links Challenge.
On 2 occasions the supermarket cashier needed to change the register receipt right after she completed my checkout.
I was notified from a financial institution and a former employer that “found” money is going to be returned to me.
My procrastination to buy tickets to a dance performance resulted in me paying $10 rather than the $40 originally advertised.
I’ve just been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
All of the above are proof positive that I am in the lucky zone. Woo Hoo!!!!! Life is good indeed; and as I say in my blog profile – I’m grateful, I’m grateful, I am grateful.
So now, a big thank you to Judy the author of Northernnaratives; for nominating me for a Versatile Blogger Award. The award is given as a symbol of admiration and support for your efforts from a blogosphere peer. A real “keep up the good work”; pat on the back; type award. I’m so happy to get noticed in this way.
Northernnarratives is an outlet for Judy’s creative talents. She is an amazingly skilled knitter and photographer. She uses color in her fiber crafting and photography, in a way that I find exciting, energizing and motivating. Also, she would be an excellent concierge. She was kind enough to make some good suggestions of things to see and do when I visited her home state of Minnesota. She also has a husband who cooks. So honestly, I want to be her; but since that’s not possible, I’ve settled for subscribing to her blog. You should too.
With this nomination I will get to add a cute banner thingy to my sidebar (you will see it as soon as I figure out how to do it); I must tell you 7 things, you may not know, about me and finally, I get to share this good fortune with others. I can nominate up to 15 bloggers, for the Virtual Blogger Award.
Please understand I am new to blogging. I don’t read many blogs and I subscribe to even less but, there are a few blogs that I visit regularly and I have grown to appreciate their views from their corner of the world. Also, it is a rather short list because I noticed some of the blogs I like have already received this award (congratulations) so I didn’t include them; in order to spread the fun to others. So, here is my list of nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award. They cover a broad range of subjects. They might make you laugh or make you tearful with their prose and photos. Please pay them a visit. Remember subscriptions are free and environmentally friendly!!!
The nominees are:
Art, Democracy, friendship and Zen – all these subjects and more are and interconnected in the sensitive musings of Touch2Touch
You will find pithy prose and photos that speak volumes at Rambling with a Cantankerous old Mule
The Shy Lion is creative and crafty and puts his own spin on traditional crafts. He also has interesting taste in music.
Not so Little Alex shares the longings of her heart. What is so often a private matter, is revealed in an authentic and very affecting way.
Cheers to you all! You can accept the award and thank all the “little people”. Please feel free to show some love to others. If there is a blog you admire, give them an award; or not. There’s no pressure from me; this is ment to be fun.
Finally, here are the seven things about me:
- I really, really like to dress in a color coordinated fashion. I used to say I was obsessed with being color coordinated but, I have forced myself to leave the house on occasion dressed in a discordant manner; to prove to myself that the world wouldn’t come to end if I did so; and to demonstrate that I am not a slave to an obsession. Hence this behavior is now classified as a proclivity or strong preference, rather than an obsession.
- I listen to my inner voice and, strangely, that voice speaks
with an English accent.
- I read wine reviews; the way other people read book and movie reviews. (I read those too)
- I dream in color and I am a lucid dreamer. I’m always aware when I’m dreaming. I can choose to play the observer in my dreams or actively participate and “test” scenarios within my dreams. I also have the ability to wake up from a dream and return to where I’ve left off; almost like pushing pause on a DVD.
- When making toast I always have to take one bite of the bread before it is toasted and one bite when it’s just out of the toaster – before spreading butter or jam on top.
- I’m an excellent packer when traveling. Hint – It has to do with color coordination. (see 1)
- I listen to National Public Radio but, I didn’t donate during the last 3 pledge drives. The reason – I’m mad because they never sent me my incentive gifts the last 2 times I gave money. I want my tote bags; damn it!
- The Versatile Blogger Award nomination (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- Awarded 2 Versatile Blogger Awards (aprilrdenton.wordpress.com)