Truthfully, I was tempted to let this challenge pass me by because I wasn’t inspired by the subject – blue. Perhaps it’s a case of the psychology of color working its mojo on me. I closely associate the word blue with its synonyms; sad, depressed, and melancholy. The actual color blue invokes thoughts of conformity (many uniforms are blue) or work (the classic job interview suit is navy blue). I think my perception of blue has hindered my participation in this week’s challenge. I’ll add it to the list of “issues” that need to be explored with my psychotherapist and my minister.
In the meantime, I’m sharing a picture of my blue jean jacket. It’s not art. It’s a jacket.
P.S. Please take a look at the related articles for some artfully executed responses to the challenge.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue (picturesandplanetickets.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue (greenskyoutside.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue, the Sequel (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue (rutheh.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Blue (serendipityplus.wordpress.com)
- http://wp.me/p23sd-1Le Weekly Photo Challenge (dailypost.worpress.com)