It was a beautiful day. I saw them approach from the other side of the park. They walked side by side in perfect step; in a fashion that only comes from many years of practice. These two knew each other so well that there was no need for words, or a touch, or a gesture to communicate their final destination. They headed directly to “their spot”; a spot a short distance from where I was sitting. They sat on the grass.
The park was teeming with activity; good weather sparks that. While others made a show, of their fun times and friendly relationships, with loud shouts and raucous and rambunctious play; these two held my attention because they were so peaceful together. While others were engaged in bold PDA (public displays of affection) such as protracted and energetic petting, between this pair there was only a gentle tug on the ear and a brief shared nuzzle. That companionable moment could have been easily missed, but I saw it.
Wordlessly, one of them took out their laptop and began to tap on the keys. The other gazed out at the scene. They sat with each other; present in each other’s presence – neither needing to be entertained or entertaining. The epitome of friendship.
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Friendship (wheresmytbackandotherstories.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (travellersoul76.com)
- weekly photo challenge: friendship (hugmamma.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (thewishfactor.wordpress.com)
- The Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (craftcrazygran.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Friendship (createabeautifullife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (aditimitra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Friendship (momoftwosalums.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship (lydiastreet.com)