A cowboy sits next to a knight in shining armor; who sits close to a guilt ridden vampire. A highland lass sits close to a hooker with a heart of gold who sits next to a bookish spinster. This is not a scene from a costume party. These are a few of the characters who populate romance novels. These paperback novels sit close together on the bookshelves of my local library.
At first glance each book seems completely different in subject. One novel is set in contemporary London and another in the Civil War era south. One story line follows a chaste courtship yet close by is a book with a cover so erotic it would make the Mayflower Madam blush. There are many sub-genres of romance novels – contemporary, historical, paranormal and even multicultural, but despite their seemingly different subject matter the plot points from the “meet cute” to the “happily ever after” are so very close; one could connect the dots from several books to form a cohesive new story.
For this week’s photo challenge I bring you shelf upon shelf of popular romance novels. These books are pretty hot and racy and they are jam-packed so close together; spontaneous combustion is probable. I hope the library’s fire sprinkler system is working.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: CLOSE… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (scrapydo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge CLOSE (postadaychallenge2011.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (thesacredcave.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)