The Weekly Photo Challenge was horizon. The post issuing the challenge defined the horizon as “where the sky meets the earth”. I’m fascinated by all the different places where the sky meets the earth. I imagine some of the meetings, of earth and sky to be like a rom/com; a classic “meet cute”; and others to be very contentious affairs, like a summit meeting between 2 warring nations.
I imagine where the sky meets the earth, say, at a wheat field; is a get together that is warm and gently yielding; the sky and the earth complementary and companionable. On the other hand, city encounters must be like a battle of wills; a kind of real estate and firmament grab. The sky desperately attempting to assert its presence so as not to be blotted out by an ever-changing landscape of massive and inelegant architecture. Aggressively designed and unbelievably tall towers thrusting upward trying to stake a claim and garner attention from above and below.
Here are a few horizons that I hazarded to capture.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (klling.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (hnwcassandra.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (theindecisiveeejit.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (notsosupermodel.wordpress.com)